Volunteers are an essential part of our museum program! These valued individuals allow the museum to do more in fulfilling our mission and in service to the community.
The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures’ Volunteer Program is aimed at empowering each volunteer to accomplish educational, social, and personal goals.
Volunteers are encouraged to select their service preferences, with guidance from the museum’s education staff, and choose the frequency and details of their volunteer schedules.
General Volunteer Requirements:
- 14+ years of age
- Willingness to work with others
- Enthusiastic and optimistic perspective
- Good listening skills, patience, and a flexible disposition
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Background Check for certain positions
Areas of Volunteer Service:
Docents are well-trained museum educators who have a robust understanding of fine art, history, architecture, and craftsmanship in addition to a detailed focus on the museum’s collection of miniatures. Docents lead tours for diverse groups including school children, families, clubs, and older adults and must be very comfortable with public speaking and audience engagement. Docents are imaginative, flexible, eager learners, and good listeners. No previous knowledge of miniatures is necessary. Aspiring docents must attend a season-long training that culminates in a practice test and practice tour. This position requires a two-year commitment.
- Completion of the Docent training
- Minimum of a two-year commitment
- Museum Membership
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Desire to be a lifelong learner
- Weekly and monthly availability to lead tours
- Background check (and/or AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card)
Please give the Volunteer Coordinator a call at 520-881-0606 Ext. 113 or connect via email and let us know you are interested in volunteering!